Esther K. Stewart
Precambrian Geologist, Assistant Scientist
Contact: Tel 608/263.3201 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
As a recent addition to the WGNHS (2013), my goal is to develop research projects that are useful to Wisconsin’s citizens around Wisconsin’s Precambrian rocks. Potential projects with practical applications might bear on economic geology or the interaction between Precambrian bedrock and groundwater. I am most interested in questions related to the evolution of Precambrian sedimentary basins and depositional environments.
- Develop a Precambrian research program at WGNHS
- Columbia and Manitowoc County STATEMAP
- Kingsbury, E.M., Link, P.K., Osterhout, S.L., and Dehler, C.M., in review, Geologic map of the King’s Peak quadrangle, Duchesne and Summit counties, Utah: Utah Geological Survey Map, scale 1:24,000: submitted to Utah Geological Survey.
- Osterhout, S.L., Kingsbury, E.M., Link, P.K., and Dehler, C.M., in review, Geologic map of the Mount Powell quadrangle, Duchesne and Summit counties, Utah: Utah Geological Survey Map, scale 1: 24,000: submitted to Utah Geological Survey.
- Kingsbury-Stewart, E.M., Osterhout, S.L., Link, P.K., and Dehler, C.M., in press, Sequence stratigraphy and formalization of the Middle Uinta Mountain Group (Neoproterozoic), central Uinta Mountains: A closer look at the western Laurentian Seaway at ca. 750 Ma: Precambrian Research.
- Dehler, C.M., Fanning, C.M., Link, P.K., Kingsbury, E.M., and Rybczynski, D., 2010, Incipient Rodinia breakup, marine transgression, and peri-Gondwanan sediment source in western Laurentia at <766-742 Ma: New SHRIMP data from the Uinta Mountain Group and Big Cottonwood Formation, northern Utah: Geological Society of America Bulletin, 122, 1686-1699.
- Kingsbury, E.M., Link, P.K., Fanning, C., and Dehler, C.M., 2008, Detrital zircon populations in the Neoproterozoic (Cryogenian) Uinta Mountain Group: The Laurentian barcode: GSA Rocky Mountain Section Abstracts with Programs v. 40, p. 20.
- Kingsbury, E.M. and Thomason C., 2008. Fostering excitement for science in elementary school students through teaching local geology: GSA Rocky Mountain Section Abstracts with Programs v. 40, p. 23.
- Kingsbury, E.M., Link, P.K., Dehler, C.M., and Fanning, C., 2007, Neoproterozoic Uinta Mountain Group of Kings Peak quadrangle, Utah: A marine-fluvial interface?: AAPG Rocky Mountain Section Abstracts Search and Discovery Article #90071.
- Kingsbury, E.M., Link, P., Dehler, C.M., and Fanning, C., 2007, A Neoproterozoic (<770 Ma) shoreline in the High Uinta’s Wilderness, Uinta Mountain Group, northeastern Utah: Evidence for a pre-Sturtian western interior seaway, GSA Abstracts with Programs, v. 39, p. 221.